Banking, Fintech and Insurance
The banking and financial system is strongly changing to adapt its work models to the new financial point of view of the companies. Entrepreneurs and startups are unbundling the business of financial institutions, while established companies search for new offerings and novel processes through acquisitions, joint ventures, and internal innovations. We are proud of handling ( o being able to handle) the new fintech tools and of our understanding of the system’s changes.
Similarly, actors in the insurance sector face many legal, regulatory and commercial challenges, especially due to the complexity of the sector and its rapid evolution with innovative technology-based products.
Our freshness of vision breaks down the barriers
At Gowper we bring an up-to-date, innovative approach to the fintech industry. Through our expert advice on available fintech resources for entrepreneurs, we guide our clients to bring to life their unique view of a new type of financing and get financial support under the best possible conditions from the traditional financial institutions and the newest players in the industry.
In insurance, we have experience in advising on a wide range of product development, transactional and regulatory issues and in dispute resolution, both in Spain and in the European Union.
List of Services:
- Advice to financial institutions.
- Advice to payment and e-money institutions.
- Domestic and cross-border mergers & acquisitions, restructurings, strategic alliances, private equity investments, and capital markets transactions.
- Legal advice on the development and implementation of innovative insurance and reinsurance products, including private equity and venture capital funded transactions and structuring acquisitions for optimal tax benefits.
- Rescue operations and recapitalizations.
- Processing of inspection or sanctioning procedures before the National Markets and Competition Commission and the Executive Service of the Commission for the Prevention of Money Laundering and Monetary Offences (SEPBLAC).
- Litigation and arbitration arising from financial matters.
- Defence and representation in administrative and judicial sanctioning or regulatory proceedings before the supervisory authorities of the European Commission.
- Counselling during national or international financial contract negotiation.
- Defense against claims and disputes from private and public clients, as well as regulatory investigations and multi-state enforcement procedures.
We advise companies and start-ups with technology businesses in the Fintech sector.
- Obtaining licences, registrations, concessions and authorisations.
- Support and legal advice on Big Data projects.
- Comprehensive legal advice on any type of crowdfunding matter, including the procedure to act as a Participative Financial Platform in Spain.
- Advice on the submission of applications to join a Sandbox or Innovation Hub.
- Advice on financial regulation with implementation of MiFID, PSDII, CMD, etc. legislation.
- Advice and compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Organic Law on Personal Data Protection and guarantee of digital rights (LOPDGDD).
- Blockchain advice: Legal advice and reports on products and services related to Blockchain, Smart Contracts and Cryptocurrencies.